Monday, April 25, 2005

Transgressions--Apollo's Lyre--Gay Shorts

25 April

Okay, okay, it's good to see you too. I have been gone from the blog far too long but have decent news to report. My essay, "COLD HARD FACTS" is up on the April issue of the very fine ezine for writers, Apollos Lyre. This ezine just won a slot in Writers Digest Best 101 Websites for Writers. And it's well deserved whether my stuff is in it or not. Of course, it's nice when it is.

What I am really excited about is my copy of TRANSGRESSIONS is on its way. I should have it by Wednesday and then, day job notwithstanding, will give regular progress reports. Also have the full Moe Praeger series now and am totally enjoying!

Also a little gay male erotica never hurt anybody I know. I have a friend who has sworn the short stories collections by the late John Preston were some of the best ever written. So what the hell? I checked out "I Once Had A Master" and was astonished over the craftsmanship of most of the stories. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. "Mr. Benson" is a short novel by Preston and is, TA DA!, an erotically charged mystery, of all things, set in the leather community in the '80s. Preston has a piece at the end of "I Once Had..." about the closed mindedness of folks with his choice of writings, even among the leather community. "When are you going to write some REAL stories?"

Yeah, I think we all get that, no matter what our personal agenda is.

So, I am evidently writing a regular column now over at "Apollo's Lyre". Check them out, if you haven't already.
http://www.apolloslyre.com

Have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home